SterilEZ® technology is a revolution in safe, effective biocides for animal welfare, biosecurity and crop protection.
SterilEZ reduces risk and increases margins across a range of agricultural applications. We work with farmers and food processors throughout the world to reduce risks, improve animal welfare and increase margins through our ground-breaking technology and systems.
Hypochlorous acid is becoming established as the clean, green, safe, effective biocide of the future. But if you’re going to make the transition, you need to know your livestock, crops and business are in safe hands..
Above all, we’re practical problem solvers with a real understanding of industry workflows and the capacity to design solutions.
Read on for more information and some case studies, and get in touch to discuss how we can help your agribusiness.
• Other livestock
Agriculture : Dairy
SterilEZ® is a powerful biocide with many animal health and hygiene applications on dairy farms. It can be used to treat mastitis and digital dermatitis, eradicate cryptosporidium, and improve water and environmental hygiene, and represents a major step forward in biosecurity, safe sanitation and welfare for dairy cows.
• multipurpose (one product for water, hygiene, teats, feet, clusters, wound healing)
• safe, non-toxic, no special handling
• controls bacteria and biofilm
• reduces SSC
• highly effective
SterilEZ® can be used as a highly effective pre- and post-milking sanitiser, and also helps to prevent and heal wound infection. It is safe for animals and the environment, and can even be used in drinking water. In cluster washing, it can be used in both manual and auto back flush systems. It is non-corrosive and has no impact on rubbers and liners.
SterilEZ can be used for parlour washing, and also in field troughs. It can be dosed into animal drinking water to control bacteria and biofilm, and also reduces limescale deposits.
• General disinfection
• Surface cleaning and misting medium for aerobic bacteria
• Fodder assimilation
• Promote general health and drinking water additive to eliminate pathogens
• Pest control on feathers (lice)
• Defeathering, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria control through misting
• Clean equipment without further additives
• Increase vitality and resistance
• Improve fertility
• Residue free treatment of mastitis, diarrhea and infection
• Better feedstuff utilization
• Reduce tension
• Enhanced growth and better yield
• Pathogens widely impacting the poultry industry
• Salmonella: Generally introduced by live poultry into the plant. Contamination spread during scalding & de-feathering processes
• Clostridium perfringens: Generally introduced by the environment (soil/intestines/fecal matter) Present on processed meat in the form of spores
• Staphylococcus aureus: Carried on skin surfaces & intestines of poultry contamination during de-feathering, chilling & evisceration
• Campylobacter jejuni: Poultry are symptomless carriers –cooling water and air also important. Contamination higher in fresh than in frozen products
• Listeria monocytogenes: Isolated from soil, vegetation & feces. Able to multiply in refrigeration. More heat resistant than Salmonella
Food safety is a serious issue in the poultry industry worldwide. The highest food safety standards are most frequently established by the countries which are becoming increasingly reliant on imported goods. This makes food safety a global issue which cannot be solved through the implementation of an Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program in processing plants alone. Protocols are required throughout the entire production chain. Unlike conventional chemical applications, SterilEZZ technology is able to provide a holistic solution to solve problems significantly impacting food safety and contamination in the poultry industry, beginning in pre-processing (hatcheries & broilers), extending to general processing (abattoirs), and continuing throughout the entire chain, including post-processing.
Key Benefits of Using Sterilez®
Optimal results are achieved when water and environment are treated throughout entire growth process delivers incremental benefits
Increased hatchability. and reduction of mortalities & culls
Kills Pathogens pre-pylorically
Increased growth higher flock weights (infection elimination –reduced lagging)
Reduction of antibiotic water medication (helps control stress related mortalities)
Growth enhancement (improved feed conversion and boosting of immune system)
Reduces or eliminates Campylobacter jejuni contamination during processing
• SterilEZ™ has been used successfully to treat drinking water on poultry farms for over ten years across broiler, layer and breeder units. This safe, effective biocide kills 99.9% of germs, and measurably improves bird health and performance.
• Water is the most important and most frequently overlooked nutrient for all livestock. Poor water quality makes birds drink less, eat less, and grow less. Fighting the bacteria in poor water means they’re putting more energy into their immune systems, and less into growth and performance. Another issue is biofilm build-up in pipes, which protects and hides potentially harmful bacteria.
• So good water hygiene can make a huge difference on several fronts.
• It kills 99.9% of germs, is harmless to people, animals and the environment, and is highly cost-effective.
• See our broiler and layer case studies below for how SterilEZ® products outperform traditional biocides, and get in touch for further details.
CASE STUDY ON BROILER
• Numerous trials have shown that reducing pathogen intake via water improves flock health and productivity.
• We have conducted several highly successful field trials with SterilEZ® technology.
• On one broiler farm, we ran a comparative study on water treatment with SterilEZ® product vs chlorine dioxide. This ran for three consecutive crops in four different sheds.
• We dosed four of the sheds’ drinking water with SterilEZ™ and four with chlorine dioxide (8 sheds in total, each shed containing 45,000 birds). The SterilEZZ™-treated birds outperformed the birds treated with chlorine dioxide on all three crops. Average terminal weights were 2.3kg for SterilEZ, and 2.1kg for chlorine dioxide.
• Feed conversion ratio (FCR) was also better for SterilEZ™ birds (1.71 vs 1.78).
• Medical costs were also reduced: an average of 2.87p per bird for the 8 crops preceding SterilEZ™ treatment, and 1.85p per bird for the 3 crops that received SterilEZ™-treated water.
• CASE STUDY ON LAYERS
• Tests have shown that treating water with SterilEZ™ benefits commercial laying and layer breeding stock. Cutting the volume of germs ingested improves flock health, and therefore productivity.
• We have carried out numerous trials, and demonstrated that SterilEZ™ treatment ensures water is much cleaner at point of consumption, as measured by Total Viable Count (TVC) of microbes in the water. At point of consumption, SterilEZ™-treated water measured <10 TVC per ml, compared with >1000 TVC with the current water treatment regime. This difference widened drastically over subsequent days.
• SterilEZ™ treatment had positive effects on the number of eggs laid (+ 4.9%) and number of chicks hatched (+ 7.3%).
• Also recorded were lower mortality rates (4.82% vs 3.73% for control vs SterilEZ™) and better feed:egg ratios (316.88g vs 304.82g for control vs SterilEZ™).
• Our biggest-laying customer, with a total of 1.5M birds, has noted two main benefits: improved performance (c 3.5% increase in eggs), and reduced costs because of not using mains water, since SterilEZ™ treatment can bring borehole water up to potable water standards.
• As well as improved production, our customers also have reported that SterilEZ™ means less labour. Blockage problems and cleaning time at turnaround are vastly reduced, because SerilEZ™ removes biofilm and limescale, and delays their reappearance, leaving drinkers – especially bell drinkers – cleaner.
• SterilEZ™ can also be used for terminal disinfection of poultry sheds. Traditionally, this task has been carried out using products such as phenolics or aldehydes. These products are all effective. All are used widely, and choice is down to individual preference.
• However, they all have drawbacks connected with toxicity, environmental pollution, and handling issues, and may be unpleasant to use, or require extended contact times.
• SterilEZ™ offers a safe, effective method of terminal disinfection with no hazardous impact on people, birds or the environment. Reduced turnaround time also means sheds go back into production more quickly.
• Shed fogging can be performed around people, and there is no need to heat the sheds (as with formaldehyde), or ventilate the sheds after use, dramatically reducing the time needed for terminal sanitation.
• SterilEZ™ can also be used in hatcheries to mist eggs and equipment. Studies with hatcheries and producers of eggs destined to make vaccines have shown that misting with SterilEZ™ is at least as effective as formaldehyde and peracetic acid, with no need to ventilate afterwards, or wait to reenter the fogging area.
• Contact us for more information on avian uses of SterilEZ™.
• SterilEZ® has an inherent capacity eliminate the biofilm inside the plumbing, and prevent re-growth of microorganisms and recontamination.
• Eliminates Legionella contamination (even encysted in amoebae)
• Eliminates E. Coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, Campylobacter jejuni, Listeria monocytogenes, and all know bacteria, fungi, viruses
• Highly effective as a sporicidal
• Eliminates biofilm in plumbing and prevents regrowth
• Minimal chlorine byproducts (chlorites, chlorates, trihalomethanes)
• Neutral pH -compatible with materials used in water networks
• Does not change the characteristics of drinking water
• Non-toxic disinfectant and sterilant biocide product
• Effective in killing and all known viri, bacteria and fungi
• Anolyte approved as “Hospital Grade Sterilant” –EPA/ FDA
• Safe and non-toxic to humans
• Biodegradable and safe for the environment
• Low operating cost
• Eliminates the need for use of harsh chemicals and additives
SterilEZ®competitive edge is higher, more consistent quality & longer shelf life
SterilEZ™ can be added to the drinking water of game birds to ensure it remains pathogen-free right up to the point of consumption. The benefits are healthier, more robust chicks with lower mortality rates. SterilEZ™ also prevents the build-up of limescale on drinkers and biofilm in water pipes, which saves labour. SterilEZ™ added to drinkers placed outside also delays the growth of algae, keeping water fresher for longer. It can also be used in drinkers for domestic hens and other poultry. To order your supply, contact us or buy online.
SterilEZ™ can be added to drinking water for pigs to provide fresh, clean water at point of consumption. In a 40-day trial by the State Institute for Pig Breeding (LSZ) in Forchheim, Germany, considerable weight gains were achieved compared with the control, thanks to the eradication of microbes in the animals’ drinking water. Feed conversion ratio (FCR) was also improved..
SterilEZ for Love of Birds
Just spray SterilEZ directly to the birds for exclusive hygiene to get healthier for the birds. No residue, No resistance no chemical No problem.
SterilEZ safe as water. 100 % naturally disinfectant….is now on your hands, and bIrds will love it.
SterilEZ™ is a ground-breaking new biocide product that treats and prevents infections in animals, and is completely safe to use. It is ideal for many veterinary and pet care applications, including equine and avian health.
Equine use – suitable for treating cuts, wounds, mud fever, fungal and viral infections, as well as for drinking water treatment and general hygiene. See SterilEZ dramatic results in dairy farm trials.
Avian use – suitable for treating drinking water, fungal and viral infections, and general hygiene, as well as improved performance in poultry and racing pigeons.
Buy STERILEZ™ online.
SterilEZ™ is a revolutionary new pet care treatment for the health, hygiene and welfare of all kinds of animals, including dogs, cats, birds and horses. It’s formulated from hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a mild acid that occurs naturally in the human immune system – so it’s kind to animals, people and the environment.
SterilEZ™ can be used to
• wash your pet’s cuts and grazes
• stop wound infection
• speed the healing process
• sanitise your pet’s drinking and eating vessels
• keep your pet’s drinking water clean
It doesn’t sting, and causes no harm around the eyes or if ingested.
Why hasn’t this product been available before?
Hypochlorous acid is already used widely on farms and in dairy and poultry welfare, where it’s made on-site using generators. But it hasn’t been used in the home until now, because it’s hard to package, and disappears quickly once you open the bottle. But we’ve developed revolutionary technology to stabilise it for a 18-month shelf life, so it’s now available to buy in small quantities for domestic use.
Buy STERILEZ™ direct online now.
Pet Owner : Avian
‘Our birds have produced more eggs… better hatching rates…healthier and happier… improved performance. We wouldn’t be without it now.’ STERILEZ™ hypochlorous acid products are a game-changer for avian health and performance.
You want to keep your birds in peak condition, so it’s vital to protect them from unseen bugs that can affect their general health and performance.
SterilEZ™ is a safe, powerful biocide that kills 99.9% of known bacteria and is harmless to birds, animals, humans and the environment.
SterilEZ™ contains hypochlorous acid, a naturally occurring chemical that is part of the human immune system. It kills the bacteria commonly found in bird drinking water (E coli, Campylobacter, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Streptococcus and Staphylococcus), as well as viruses (avian influenza, infectious bronchitis and rotavirus).
SterilEZ™ also prevents slime and biofilm in drinking equipment, and drastically slows down the formation of limescale. To use it in drinking water, just add 5 to 10ml of SterilEZ to 1 litre of fresh tap water. Tap water is often contaminated by the time the birds drink it. However, treating it with SterilEZ™ ensures that it stays clean, and doesn’t become a source of infection.
SterilEZ™ can also be used to sanitise equipment. Just wash drinkers, feeders, cages and any other equipment as normal, then spray with SterilEZZ™ to sanitise. It’s also an effective deodoriser, particularly with ammonia-based smells – simply spray neat SterilEZ™ directly into the cages and loft space.
Owners using SterilEZ™ for parrots and pigeons have seen significant improvements in the health and well being of their birds.
Our clients comments : ‘We use SterilEZ to dose the water for the birds, and spray all equipment after we’ve cleaned it. Since we started using, it our birds have produced more eggs and we have had better hatching rates. The birds are healthier and happier, and it shows in their improved performance. We wouldn’t be without it now’.
‘SterilEZ made more happiness for the birds. This speaks volumes for the quality of my racing pigeons thanks to SterilEZ. It is one of the best products on the market, and I would recommend it to anyone to use throughout the year, in all bird lofts.’
SterilEZ™ is suitable for all birds including pigeons, parrots, budgies, cockatiel, canaries, finches, lovebirds, ringnecks and quail. See our guidance for pet owners.
Buy SterilEZ™ now
Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) is very effective in sanitizing meat and dairy production facilities. The benefits include:
• General sanitization needs
• Disinfects milking machines & dairy-processing equipment
• Treats liquid manure
• Disinfect Garbage, Stagnant Water
• No risk of the development of germ resistance
Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) can be used as a disinfectant for housing and farrowing sheds. Benefits include:
• Decreased mortality rates
• Increased vitality
• Disease prevention
• Enhanced growth
• Lowered stress levels
• Cleaning and disinfecting of sties
Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) is particularly effective when used as a very efficient disinfectant for housing and equipment cleaning and sterilizing.
• General disinfecting
• Surface cleaner and misting medium for aerobic bacteria
• Decreased mortality rates
• Pest control on feathers (lice)
• Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria control through misting
• Equipment cleaning without further additives
• Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) is as effective as chlorine at reducing the number of Campylobacter jejuni on fresh poultry carcasses.
• Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) kills Salmonella typhimurium, Staphylococcus aureus, and Listeria monocytogenes that may be on fresh eggs.
• Food preparation – salad and fruit washing and surface cleaning
• Restaurants – kitchen and general cleaning
• Routine washing and cleaning dishes and glasses
• Dish Machines
• General cleaning and disinfectant routines – floors, walls, toilets and bathrooms
• Kill bacteria on sushi, ceviche, and other raw seafood products
• Significantly reduces aerobic bacteria, coliform bacteria, molds, and yeasts on lettuce and other vegetables.
• Kills E. Coli and Listeria monocytogenes on plastic kitchen cutting boards.
• Sterilize Food Prep Surfaces
• “Active Ice” / Food Cases
• Sterilize Public & Common Areas
• Hand Sanitizing
• Kill Salmonella typhimurium, Staphylococcus aureus, and Listeria monocytogenes that may be on fresh eggs.
• When any mammal’s body comes under attack from invading bacteria and viruses, the body’s immune system immediately responds by sending white blood cells called Neutrophil to the invasion site. Once activated, these cells produce substantial quantities of Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) a chemical that is acknowledged to be among the most potent natural disinfectants, highly effective in eliminating all invading microbes and pathogens, yet it remains non-toxic to humans and other mammals.
• Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) is proven to be safe, environmentally friendly, and fast acting against a broad range of resistant pathogens, including MRSA, Ebola, M.tuberculosis, Legionella, E.coli, HIV, poliovirus, Helicobacter pylori, norovirus, the avian influenza virus, and many more.
• Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) has been both FDA and USDA approved for various medical and food uses and the EPA has also given approval for washing raw foods that are to be consumed without processing.
• Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) is the world’s strongest electrolyzed water disinfectant and IS TOTALLY EFFECTIVE against all Bacteria, Viruses, Mold, Spores, Fungi & Algae – even when diluted in water.
• Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) disinfectant provides full spectrum biocidal sterilization & disinfection capabilities in eliminating human pathogens.
• Testing of Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) has documented Its TOTAL EFFECTIVENESS IN THE ELIMINATION OF Salmonella spp, E.coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Ebola, Tuberculosis (TB), Legionella pneumophila, Anthrax Spores, Staphylococcus, Listeria, HIV, MRSA methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Norovirus, human and animal Influenza (including H5N1 Avian Influenza), and many more.
• Medical Breakthrough
• Necrotizing fasciitis, commonly known as the flesh-eating disease, results from a bacterial infection and rapidly destroys the body’s soft tissue. Researchers have discovered they can successfully treat Necrotizing fasciitis by irrigating the wound with Hypochlorous acid – NO SURGERY OR AMPUTATIONS REQUIRED!
• You may read s news report regarding this discovery at this link: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/11/21/necrotizing-fasciitis-new-treatment-discovered-for-deadly-flesh-eating-disease/
Type of Bacteria or Virus Time to Eliminate Prevents
Enterovirus 5 Seconds Gastroenteritis & others
Escherichia coli 5 Seconds Gastroenteritis cystitis & others
Haemophilus influenza 5 Seconds Respiratory infections
Kiebsiella pneumonia 5 Seconds Pneumonia
Proteus mirabilis 5 Seconds Gastroenteritis Urinary tract
Pseudomonas aeruginosa 5 Seconds Infections
Pseudomonas cepacia 5 Seconds Infections
Salmonella typhi 5 Seconds Gastroenteritis Typhoid fever
Staphylococcus aureus 5 Seconds Infections Endocarditis
Staphylococcus epidermidis 5 Seconds hospital acquired infections
Streptococcus pneumoniae 5 Seconds Lobar pneumonia, meningitis, sinusitis
Streptococcus pyogenes 5 Seconds Pus, septicemia
E. Coli O-157 10 seconds Colitis, anemia, kidney failure
Listeria Monocitogenes 10 seconds Meningitis, encephalitis
HIV 60 seconds AIDS
Candida albicans 15 seconds Infections, endocarditis
Bacillus cereus 5 minutes food poisoning